Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Thinking back...





This morning I am here with my coffee at my desk thinking about the past year it has been a interesting one for certain. If I were to think to all the best parts of it that stand out I would say the election of Barack Obama was really meaningful one to me. I think the other thing that stands out is Blake and I took a trip to Orlando and hung out at Disney for days..but that wasn't the most important part. It was our extra trip to go see the legendary Coral Castle. Edward Leedskalnin was a incredible man and if you read about him in the link provided you learn about if you put your mind and imagination to something anything is possible. Above are some photos I took of the site.


I struggled this year with a creative block that now finally feels done. Every so many years I have a bad long standing block but afterwards you realize your mind is just figuring out stuff...I have had the past month a lot of creative break throughs in painting behind the scenes... and I feel most optimistic and obsessed with painting its been the most dominate thing on my mind and its all I feel like doing.
I am thankful I have the artist friends I have who I can share these things with as they are on similar journeys.
All in all I wish you the best for 2009 I wish for you that your dreams be realized, problems conquered, and that you are surrounded by people who really accept, love and support you.
Renee ^i^